We join the CNRS in its demand for the immediate release of the researcher detained in Iran.
Report - Book launch: Classify, exclude and police: Urban lives in South Africa and Nigeria, by Prof. Laurent Fourchard
- Dates: 14th and 16th of January 2020
- Venues: Alliance Française of Lagos/ Mike Adenuga Centre and Drapers Hall, Institute of African Studies, University of Ibadan.
IFRA-Nigeria organised two events for the book launch of Prof. Laurent Fourchard, titted Classify, exclude and police: urban lives in South Africa and Nigeria. The events, in Lagos and in Ibadan, marked the launch of the forthcoming English version of the book in Wiley-Blackwell, originally published in French in 2018.
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS: People of the Global “Backyard”: Africans and the Quest for Identity in the Twenty-First Century
KUJUA, the Journal of the African Studies Students’ Association (Institute of African Studies, University of Ibadan) is calling for abstract for the 1st edition of its online academic journal.
Call for paper: Africa 2020 "Artistic, Digital, and Political Creation in English-Speaking African Countries'
The University of Aix-Marseilles and its peer-reviewed journal of AMU research centre on Anglophone Studies (LERMA), E-rea, is dedicating a special issue to contemporary creation in English-speaking African countries in the frame of the Africa 2020 season on the theme of "Artistic, Digital, and Political Creation"
An Interdisciplinary journal on materials and their uses in African Studies
Environmental Knowledge and Nature(s) in Africa: Collecting, Producing and Analysing Research Materials (forthcoming 2021)
This year again, IFRA-Nigeria is the official Nigerian partner of the Mastercard Foundation-Sciences Po scholarship, a unique opportunity for African students to pursue a Master degree at Sciences Po in France. The Mastercard Foundation will sponsor the selected student(s) to integrate one of Sciences Po many Master programs such as Law, International Affairs, Urban Studies or Management and Innovation.
The French Institute for Research in Africa (IFRA-Nigeria) is offering grants to support valuable graduate students presenting papers at regional and international conferences in any field of the Social Sciences and the Humanities.
This grant will cover conferences that are being held between December 2019 and June 2020.
Sources of Violence
How to document and study violent phenomena in Africa?
IFRA-Nigeria organised two roundtables themed on “Gender of/in African cities” a the Institut Français du Nigeria in Abuja and at the Alliance Française/Mike Adenuga Centre in Lagos, in the frame of the series of events funded by the Fonds d’Alembert 2019, in partnership with the French Embassy in Nigeria and IFRA-Nigeria which focuses on “Futures of cities/cities of the future in Africa”. The two roundtables were held in Abuja on Tuesday 9th of April and then in Lagos on Saturday 13th.
IFRA-Nigeria is partnering the organisation of the 18th Mega Tchad Symposium that will be held in N’Djamena (Chad) on the 29th, 30th and 31st of January 2020.
IFRA-Nigeria, as part of a series of events funded by the Institut Français through the Fond d’Alembert, is co-organising two roundtables on “Gender in/of African cities”.
The roundtables will gather artists, activists, academics and urban actors in order to create spontaneous discussions on issues of gender in urban African contexts, starting from the case of Nigerian cities, notably Lagos and Abuja.
Date: February 21, 2019, 10am-4pm
Location: Centre for Housing and Sustainable Development, UniLag
Date: 19th to 28th of February 2019
Location: Lagos and Ibadan
IFRA-Nigeria, together with ENS-Paris (Ecole Normale Supérieure) organized a ten-day long Masterclass themed on “Researching public spaces in African cities” which was held from February 19 to 28, that took place in the Universities of Lagos (UniLag) and Ibadan (UI) respectively.
Report – Guest Lecture “Global Orisha: Diasporic Connections in the “Yoruba-inspired Atlantic” by Dr. Stefania Capone
Date: February 7, 2019
Location: Draper’s Hall, Institute of African Studies, University of Ibadan
IFRA-Nigeria opened the 2019 season of scientific events with a Guest Lecture given by Dr. Stefania Capone, themed on “Global Orisha: Diasporic connections in the ‘Yoruba inspired Atlantic’”. The event was organized in partnership with the Thursday Film Series and with the support of the Institute of African Studies (IAS, UI).
Date: February 21, 2019, 10am – 4pm
Location: Resource Hall, Centre for Housing and Sustainable Development, University of Lagos (UniLag)
Registration: The conference is free and open to all. Participants must register on Even Bright.
More Articles ...
- Call for Application: Annual ARCIS Natural Language Processing Summer School 2019
- Appel à candidature : Bourse pour un travail de terrain sur le programme “Supporting Entrepreneurship in Africa”
- Latest publications about Nigeria in the Social Sciences and the Humanities: May - August 2018
- Call for Application: “Supporting Entrepreneurship in Africa”
- Call for applications: Masterclass “Researching public spaces in African cities”
- Call for application: Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program 2019
- Latest publications about Nigeria in the Social Sciences and the Humanities: January - February 2018
- Guest lecture “Courage in Politics” By Cynthia Fleury (CNAM/Ecole des Mines Paris)
- Book Launch: The Boko Haram Reader. From Nigerian Preachers to the Islamic State (Hurst Publishers 2017)
- Report: New forms of Popular Transports of Goods and Persons in Nigeria
- Book Discussion: Guns and Society in Colonial Nigeria. Firearms, Culture and Public Order
- IFRA training workshop: “Nocturnal Fieldwork and ‘Assisted’ Field Research” by Chrystel Oloukoi
- New forms of popular transport of goods and persons in Nigeria
- Citizenship and Nationality. An individual and collective challenge for the nation
- Call for application: Doctoral Position (June 2018-May 2022)
- Call for application: Fieldwork grants
- IFRA training workshop: "Research Methodology and the craft of academic writing and publication" by Dr. Vincent Hiribarren
- IFRA training workshop: “Researching Northern Nigeria” Dr. Vincent Hiribarren
- Call for application: Sciences Po-University of Ibadan exchange programme
- Call for application: IFRA 2018 Conference funding