IFRA-Nigeria, Alliance Française Lagos and Institut Français du Nigeria organised a panel discussion on the theme: "Constructing our Collective Memories of the Pandemic".This event was part of the conferences cycle "The World Afterwards" currated by Institut Français du Nigeria. This panel discussion took place at Alliance Française de Lagos / Mike Adenuga Centre on Saturday 23rd October at 7pm.
Initiating the Natural Language Processing Programme in Nigeria : 8-11 November, 2021.
The Centre for Excellence in Teaching and Learning, University of Ibadan, in conjunction with the Institut Français de Recherche en Afrique (IFRA), hereby invites postgraduate students and other members of the Nigerian society to a Boot Camp where it introduces the University’s proposal of the Natural Language Processing NLP Programme.
Applications are closed.
IFRA-Nigeria, in collaboration with the Alliance Française Ibadan, organised another Café Science. Prof. Marc-Antoine Pérouse de Montclos (Senior Research Associate at IFRA-Nigeria) presented “Argungu Fishing Festival 2020: a photographic exploration” at the Alliance Française of Ibadan, on Thursday 14th October 2021 at 5:30pm.
"The business of the oil curse: debunking the Niger Delta’s struggles" a discussion with Marc-Antoine Pérouse de Montclos - Tuesday 12th of October
IFRA-Nigeria organised a talk with Prof. Marc-Antoine Pérouse de Montclos, Senior Research Associate at IFRA-Nigeria, on the theme: “The Business of the Oil Curse: Debunking the Niger Delta’s Struggles”. The event took place on Tuesday 12th October at 4pm, in Drapers Hall in the Institute of African Studies.
As part of the research programme Hidden Narratives on Transnational Organised Crime in West Africa a research training programme was organised on the theme: “Challenges of Fieldwork: Data Collection in Sensitive Situations”. A six days masterclass took place at the Nigerian Academy of Letters, University of Ibadan from September 13th to 19th, 2021.
In continuation of our programmes on Digital Humanities, IFRA-Nigeria organized a workshop on filming for research in social sciences and the humanities. The workshop took place at the Nigerian Academy of Letters, University of Ibadan for three days, from August 25th to 27th.
Community Perceptions of NGOs in Borno: doctoral seminar with Abdulhafiz Wando (Tue 21st September 4pm)
On Tuesday 21st September, Abdulhafiz Wando (Phd candidate, History department, King's College London) presented his research on the history of NGOs in Borno. He focused on their perception by the inhabitants of the region (Drapers' Hall - Institute of African Studies, University of Ibadan).
On Wed 15 September from 2pm to 4pm, Dr Vincent Hiribarren took part in a workshop on the theme "Historical methdology and Curriculum Development", organised by Dr Jimoh Mufutau Oluwasegun, department of History and International Studies, Federal University of Birnin-Kebbi.
IFRA-Nigeria is hosting the second session of our Online Research Seminar Series on West African History with 5 historians from the region:
Dr Edwige Zagre (Université Norbert Zongo, Burkina Faso)
Dr George Meyiri Bob-Milliar (KNUST-Kumasi, Ghana)
Tayo Agunbiade (Independent Researcher, Nigeria)
Dr Safiatou Diallo (CIRD, Guinea)
Dr Macham Mangut (University of Jos, Nigeria)
Visit of Bastien Miraucout, managing editor of the French National Research Council (CNRS) at LAM-Bordeaux
Bastien Miraucourt, managing editor for the French National Research Council (CNRS) at LAM-Bordeaux was hosted for two weeks by IFRA-Nigeria at the beginning of July. We worked with him on our different Digital Humanities projects. He helped us find the best ways to disseminate to a wider audience the research produced by our colleagues.
Call for Application - Masterclass: "Challenges of Fieldwork: Data Collection in Sensitive Situations" - 13-19 September 2021
The programme Hidden Narratives on Transnational Organised Crime in West Africa is proposing a Masterclass on the theme: “Challenges of Fieldwork: Data Collection in Sensitive Situations”. The masterclass will take place at the Institute of African Studies, University of Ibadan from September 13th to 19th 2021.
In continuation of our programmes on Digital Humanities, IFRA-Nigeria is organizing a workshop on filming for research in social sciences and humanities. The workshop took at the Institute of African Studies, University of Ibadan for three days, from August 25th to 27th.
Applications are closed.
Dr Claire Simonneau (UMR Géographie-Cités) presented her research and fieldwork on the theme: 'Who owns the West African urban corridor? Urbanisation dynamics and local land grabs. Insights from Benin.'
IFRA-Nigeria turned 30 in 2020 and in order to celebrate our anniversary, we organized a conference on June 10th and 11th 2021, in collaboration with the Institute of African Studies (University of Ibadan). The theme of our conference was “Digital Humanities: the final frontier for the decolonization of knowledge?”.
On Tuesday 25 April, Dr Vincent Hiribarren participated in a panel discussion entitled 'The Restitution Debate: Diaspora Affairs, Migration and the Reinvention of Identity'.
More Articles ...
- Presentation of a Doctoral Research by Dr Sara Panata, 2nd of June
- IFRA-Nigeria and IAS-Ibadan initiated a collaboration with KNUST university in KUMASI Ghana
- CALL FOR APPLICATIONS - Creative individuals with filming experience
- Dialogue in Benin City: “What are the next steps for the restitution of African cultural heritage?”
- Call for Abstracts - Digital Humanities : the final frontier for the decolonization of knowledge?
- Online Research Seminar Series - West African History
- Dr Sara Panata studying Feminist and Women's Movements
- Café Science - March 23rd : "Beyond Boko Haram : writing the History of Borno, Nigeria"
- Transnational Islam: circulation of religious ideas, actors and practices between Niger and Nigeria
- Appel à candidatures - Bourse pour un séjour de recherche postdoctoral en Afrique de l'Ouest
- Call for application: Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program 2021
- Call for application : 2 positions of Junior Researcher in Linguistics. NaijaSynCor 2020
- Online Workshop: "Exploring hidden narratives in the West African Tramadol trade and transport of migrants"
- Call for application: IFRA Funding for DATA COLLECTION on Covid-19 in Nigeria
- 1st Online book discussion with author TJ Benson on "We Wont Fade into Darkness"
- Call for application, PhD opportunity with CNRS (Paris, France): "Languages of the Benue Valley Nigeria, Linguistic documentation and grammatical analysis"
- Book club discussion with author Logan February on "In the nude"
- Call for Applications: Writing Workshop on Rethinking development in Nigeria
- Call for application: Sciences Po Paris mobility grant - Nomination for the Erasmus + mobility program for UI masters students
- January 2020 - Oluwaseun Williams