Visit of Bastien Miraucout, managing editor of the French National Research Council (CNRS) at LAM-Bordeaux
Bastien Miraucourt, managing editor for the French National Research Council (CNRS) at LAM-Bordeaux was hosted for two weeks by IFRA-Nigeria at the beginning of July. We worked with him on our different Digital Humanities projects. He helped us find the best ways to disseminate to a wider audience the research produced by our colleagues.
This year again, IFRA-Nigeria is the official Nigerian partner of the Mastercard Foundation-Sciences Po scholarship, a unique opportunity for African students to pursue a Master degree at Sciences Po in France. The Mastercard Foundation will sponsor the selected student(s) to integrate one of Sciences Po many Master programs such as Law, International Affairs, Urban Studies or Management and Innovation.
Job Vacancy: 2 positions of Junior Researcher in Linguistics. NaijaSynCor 2020
Job Description: Contribute to the production and annotation of Naija Wikitionary ( a Wiki-based dictionary of Nigerian Pidgin)
Online Workshop: "Exploring hidden narratives in the West African Tramadol trade and transport of migrants"
We are happy to invite you to an online workshop discussing the policy paper "Exploring hidden narratives in the West African Tramadol trade and transport of migrants". The workshop will be held on Tuesday 11th of August at 2pm on Zoom. The policy paper was published by Bristol University as part of the project Hidden Narratives on Transnational Organised Crimes (TNOC) in West Africa. The workshop will be facilitated by Dr Gernot Klantschnig, Dr. Philippe Frowd, Dr Elodie Apard.
IFRA Funding for DATA COLLECTION on Covid-19 in Nigeria
The emergence of Covid-19 late 2019, and its subsequent spread all over the globe, have challenged both stable and fragile States, have endangered, even the strongest economies and transformed all societies. In Nigeria, the virus has, very early on, been considered as a serious threat, and the governments, State administrations and civil society actors warned citizens and put in place measures to avoid its spread.
Call for application, PhD opportunity with CNRS (Paris, France): "Languages of the Benue Valley Nigeria, Linguistic documentation and grammatical analysis"
Subject: Languages of the Benue Valley Nigeria, Linguistic documentation and grammatical analysis: PhD Student, CNRS, Paris, France
[French version available below]
Web Address: http://llacan.vjf.cnrs.fr/
Call for application: Sciences Po Paris mobility grant - Nomination for the Erasmus + mobility program for UI masters students
IFRA-Nigeria is the official Nigerian partner of Erasmus + mobility grant for an exchange with Sciences Po Paris, a unique opportunity for Nigerian students to pursue a semester of exchange within a Master degree at Sciences Po in France. The Erasmus + program will sponsor one student to integrate one of Sciences Po many Master programs such as Law, International Affairs, Urban Studies or Management and Innovation for the fall semester of 2020/2021.
We join the CNRS in its demand for the immediate release of the researcher detained in Iran.
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS: People of the Global “Backyard”: Africans and the Quest for Identity in the Twenty-First Century
KUJUA, the Journal of the African Studies Students’ Association (Institute of African Studies, University of Ibadan) is calling for abstract for the 1st edition of its online academic journal.
More Articles ...
- Call for paper: Africa 2020 "Artistic, Digital, and Political Creation in English-Speaking African Countries'
- Call for papers for Sources: Environmental Knowledge and Nature(s) in Africa
- Call for application: Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program 2020
- Call for application: IFRA 2019 Conference funding
- Call for papers: Sources of Violence, How to document and study violent phenomena in Africa?
- Call for paper: XVIIIe Mega Tchad Symposium
- Call for Application: Annual ARCIS Natural Language Processing Summer School 2019
- Appel à candidature : Bourse pour un travail de terrain sur le programme “Supporting Entrepreneurship in Africa”
- Latest publications about Nigeria in the Social Sciences and the Humanities: May - August 2018
- Call for Application: “Supporting Entrepreneurship in Africa”
- Call for application: Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program 2019
- Latest publications about Nigeria in the Social Sciences and the Humanities: January - February 2018
- Book Launch: The Boko Haram Reader. From Nigerian Preachers to the Islamic State (Hurst Publishers 2017)
- Book Discussion: Guns and Society in Colonial Nigeria. Firearms, Culture and Public Order
- Call for application: Doctoral Position (June 2018-May 2022)
- Call for application: Fieldwork grants
- Call for application: Sciences Po-University of Ibadan exchange programme
- Call for application: IFRA 2018 Conference funding
- Latest publications about Nigeria in the Social Sciences and the Humanities: November - December 2017
- Human Trafficking on Sexual Exploitation in Nigeria, 30th of November, 2017, Ibadan School of Governement and Public Policy