IFRA/WORDOC Seminar "Human Trafficking on Sexual Exploitation In Nigeria"
Thursday 30th of November 2017, 2pm, Lady Bank Anthony Hall, Institute of African Studies, University of Ibadan
This seminar will conclude the eponymous project which started in 2015 as a partnership with the programme "Support to the Fight against Human Trafficking in countries of the Golf of Guinea" initiated by the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Development (MAEDI). The project focused on the places, actors and mechanisms of human trafficking networks. The research team notably conducted fieldwork in various sites: Benin City, Ibadan, Abuja, Lagos.
Details along with the final project report and papers are freely available here.
The seminar will feature the key transdisciplinary findings of the project expounded by several research team members. Speakers will include:
- Mrs. Precious Ighoroje, (Philosophy, University of Ibadan)
- Mrs. Modupe Adeleye, (Peace and Conflict Studies, University of Ibadan)
- Dr. Monica Akokuwebe, (Sociology, University of Ibadan)
- Mrs. Iziengbe Omoregie (History, University of Ibadan)
- Dr. Corentin Cohen (International Relations, Sciences Po Paris)
Dr. Elodie Apard, Director of IFRA Nigeria and Dr. Sharon Omotoso, coordinator of WORDOC, will coordinate the event. The seminar is free and open to all so do not hesitate to invite your colleagues, relatives and friends.