IFRA Latest News
Learn more about our latest events and news
“Global Orisha: Diasporic Connections in the “Yoruba-inspired Atlantic” by Dr. Stefania Capone
Dr Capone’s Guest Lecture was exploring, through comparative analysis, the trans-nationalisation of Afro-American religions to their relocalisation and the process of “re-Africanisation” of the religions and the narratives stored in the African memory.
One Day Conference
Looking For and Learning From African Public Spaces
Date: February 21, 2019, 10am – 4pm
Location: Resource Hall, Centre for Housing and Sustainable Development, University of Lagos (UniLag)
Call for application
Supporting Entrepreneurship in Africa
The Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF), the French Development Agency (AFD) and the French Institute for Research in Africa, Nigeria (IFRA Nigeria), have signed a partnership agreement on the programme “Supporting Entrepreneurship in Africa”.
What is IFRA Nigeria?
IFRA Nigeria, a non-profit Institute to promote research in the social sciences and the humanities
Who are we?
IFRA-Nigeria is a non-for-profit Institute set up to promote research in the social sciences and the humanities, as well as enhance collaborative work between scholars in France and West Africa.
First established in 1990, the Institute is operating from the University of Ibadan (Institute of African Studies).
- Promote research in the social sciences and the humanities
- Enhance collaborative work between scholars in France and West Africa
- Subsidizing research programs
- Granting research allowances to academics and scholars
- Publishing research results
- Holding workshops, seminars and symposia
- UKOJI Vitus, AYODOKUN Abiola, EZE Victor (2019) Nigeria Watch: Eighth Report on Violence in Nigeria
- Nigeria Watch: Eighth Report on Violence in Nigeria
- Report: Conference « Looking for and learning from public spaces in African cities »
- Report: Masterclass “Researching public spaces in African cities”
- Report – Guest Lecture “Global Orisha: Diasporic Connections in the “Yoruba-inspired Atlantic” by Dr. Stefania Capone
Discover IFRA Nigeria Scientific Publications