NaijaSynCor project: release of a pilot syntactic corpus of Naija
NaijaSynCor has just released a pilot syntactic corpus of Naija on the Turku Universal Dependencies Website. The treebank was created within the NaijaSynCor project, directed by Bernard Caron and funded by the ANR, the French National Research Agency.
Enhancing African Studies Research in the Digital Age
Linking Open Data of the Liberated Africans Project and West Africa Historical GIS
An IFRA research training seminar, by Prof. Henry Lovejoy (University of Colorado, Boulder) - Thursday, 1st of February 2018 at IFRA Library
E-papers now online
Sacred Urbanism Entrepreunarial Religion, Infrastructure and the New Urbanism in Nigeria
This masterclass was held in June 2017 and was co-organised by IFRA Nigeria, Columbia University, Sciences Po Paris and the University of Ibadan.
E-papers of the masterclass are now available...
Human trafficking for Sexual Exploitation in Nigeria
Starting in 2015, the project led a team of Nigerian and foreign scholars from various disciplinary backgrounds to conduct field research in sites as diverse as Lagos, Ibadan, Abuja or Benin City.
IFRA Nigeria, a non-profit Institute to promote research in the social sciences and the humanities
Who are we?
IFRA-Nigeria is a non-for-profit Institute set up to promote research in the social sciences and the humanities, as well as enhance collaborative work between scholars in France and West Africa.
First established in 1990, the Institute is operating from the Universitie of Ibadan (Institute of African Studies).
- Promote research in the social sciences and the humanities
- Enhance collaborative work between scholars in France and West Africa
- Subsidizing research programs
- Granting research allowances to academics and scholars
- Publishing research results
- Holding workshops, seminars and symposia
- NaijaSynCor project: release of a pilot syntactic corpus of Naija
- Enhancing African Studies Research in the Digital Age: Linking Open Data of the Liberated Africans Project and West Africa Historical GIS
- NaijaSynCor Masterclass: Training on IT Tools for Electronic Corpus Annotation
- (Re)writing articles for Academic Journals
- 10 Myths on Violence in Nigeria”, 11-15th of December, 2017 IFRA Library
Discover IFRA Nigeria Scientific Publications