IFRA Latest News
Learn more about our latest events and news
Guest lecture by Prof. Judith Byfield
Monday 3rd of June, Lady Bank Anthony Hall, IAS (UI)
Prof. Byfield will give a lecture on “Gender, Spectacle and Nation-making in Colonial Abeokuta” as part of the montly IFRA/WORDOC seminar series. Her research focuses on women's social and economic history in Nigeria
Workshop Come Salvaire on 'Qualitative Methods"
On June 3rd, Côme Salvaire hosted a 4 hours workshop (divided into two parts) at IFRA-Nigeria, entitled “Qualitative Methods: constructing your research object, choosing your cases”.This workshop aimed at students of sociology or political science looking to develop qualitative methods skills.
Workshop in University of Nigeria, Nsukka
On June 7, IFRA-Nigeria was welcome at the BIC Ijomah Centre, University of Nigeria, Nsukka, by Prof. Egodi Uchendu and Dr. Ugwu. Dr. Emilie Guitard and Clementine Chazal from IFRA-Nigeria hosted two methodological workshops on “How to apply for scholarships, postdocs and other academic positions in Europe”.
What is IFRA Nigeria?
IFRA-Nigeria is one the 27 Public Research Institutes under the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs based overseas.
Who are we?
IFRA-Nigeria was set up to promote research in the social sciences and the humanities, as well as enhance collaborative work between scholars in France and West Africa. First established in 1990, the Institute is operating from the Universitie of Ibadan (Institute of African Studies).
- Promote research in the social sciences and the humanities
- Enhance collaborative work between scholars in France and West Africa
- Subsidizing research programs
- Granting research allowances to academics and scholars
- Publishing research results
- Holding workshops, seminars and symposia
- Report - IFRA methodological seminar: “Making the most of newspapers as sources: critical reflections and research methodologies” with Dr. Katharina Oke at OAU
- Report - IFRA methodological seminar: ‘Introduction to Mendeley programme’ with Chrystel Oloukoï and Julien Roland
- Symposium on Naija, Institute of African Studies (UI) June 27-29, 2019
- Report - Roundtable "Lagos, Afrofuturist City?", June 29 at the new Alliance Française de Lagos
- Report - IFRA research trainning workshop "Applying for scholarships, postdocs and academic positions in Europe" at OAU
Discover IFRA Nigeria Scientific Publications